Thursday 24 October 2013

How the brain works...

Honestly I know see why some people find losing weight SO soul destroying. When you know you are doing everything right and your body just wont play the game. When you know there isn't any reason what so ever for your weight to not move or in some awful cases go up ! I can see why people, especially those of us who are emotion eaters, then again turn back to food and the cycle starts all over again. This is where I think our obsession with weighing ourselves is really really a negative and harmful thing. I also believe that this is what is causing me to have some really bad and negative and harmful thoughts at times. I can at times say the most nasty and awful things to myself and it is, this time only by pure determination that I have not gone and eaten myself stupid. Why is this time different, why is it that this time I have not done this.. 
Because ..... I WANT to run this half marathon and eating myself stupid wont help me get there. It is possibly the only logical thought process that I have had at times over the past week.

On another note, sleeping is soo important, last night I burst into tears about being tired and how tired I felt, then the fiance put me to bed. I was asleep by 9:30 pm and only woke up a few times. I feel a SH*T load better today and not as shattered. The other things I have realised is, I NEED to sleep its is actually as important as eating properly. So I am going to start making an effort to get myself into bed and ready before 9pm. 

My run yesterday was awesome, yet again I feel I am running more and more, and I shaved a min off the time from Monday, same distance, so I am stoked. I want to run 6 - 7 min kms so I am hopefully on my way to do doing that. 

Today is a rest day for me, I am not as sore today as I was on Tuesday so the body is getting used to all this. Hopefully that means it will start to move the weight,  which I think is the reason why I have a bit of a tender knee, because I am too heavy ! Off dam weight to make this running stuff easier for me !! 

Today we are going to the mall for dinner, I will stick to my calories there is no need not to. 

I also have to decide what I am going to have as my treat this week, or if I am going to have a treat at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment