Monday 25 November 2013

Cycling... on the road !!

The weekend was great but far to short.

Saturday I ran in the heat eeekk yuck, and then I tidied and sorted some things. One wants to pack but well there isn't really anything to pack as yet. I am going to try and get the other half to sort his clothes out and de-clutter a bit. Then we can start to pack, I think. 8 - 10 weeks and the house should be finished.

Saturday night was the work do, man it was fabulous, I drank far to much and danced for hours, my leg seemed to cope with that. I also then ate mcdonalds on the way home as I didn't eat enough dinner, no where near enough for the amount I drunk. Think that is possibly the most I have drunk in about 2 years. I had a blast really was fabulous.

Sunday saw a visit to the house to check out the wiring and some of the other bits and bobs, we are getting there slowly, the electricians really like our house and the fact people have written comments and things all over the framing, kind of makes it ours and well is a bit of fun.
The the other half and I went for a bike ride, first ride on the road in cleats for us and well it was fabulous, my friend is teaching us to ride safely and how to make the most of our bikes etc. She is amazing and we are lucky she is willing to give up her time to teach us. We cycled 10kms in 40 mins ( for her thats like a nice we jaunt) for us, it hurt haha.

I am wanting to increase my road cycling to 3 times a week and 4 runs. Which I know seems like a lot but I need to get fit and I enjoy both running and cycling.

I am also contemplating doing lake Taupo challenge next year. Its a HUGE thing 160 kms in one day. But I am a true believer you can do what you put your mind to.

My food yesterday was a bit well crap too.

Start fresh today and work hard this week and I am hoping to be in the 98's by next monday.

I was 101.. today but that is because I am retaining fluid from the booze!

Have a good day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment