Friday 9 January 2015

Focusing on myself

So in the last week I have been to a funeral, one of my school friends has passed away and my Nana has been told she has not got long to live. Now last year this would have sent me eating and binging for a good few days, instead I had one bad meal ( same day as funeral ) and I have moved on.

I went to weight watchers and weighed in I have gained 900 grams since the last time I went which I was happy with.

I am motivated! So far this week ( my weeks go Wednesday to Tuesday to match weigh in's) I have been for a 6 km walk and dug and lugged dirt around my garden for 2 hours solid, so I have earned 20 exercise points already which I am proud of as its only day three of my week.

Its nearly TTOM so the scales are all over the show but will settle next week I know they will show my hard work, and if they don't, I DON'T CARE I feel a lot better and I am mentally a lot healthier for the good food and the exercise and water.

Next week I will possibly head to dunedin, Nan does not have long they have said days to weeks, so things will go down hill and I will head down there to be support for my Grandad at that time. I WILL pack my exercise gear and walk for 60 mins each day to keep that mental balance for myself.
I also need to go into work and start working on my class and groups and things for this coming year I also need to do some planning and place things up on the walls etc. I cant lay out my classroom until after the cleaners come and that is annoying too. Wayne has said he will come and help me if I need him to at the weekends as I might end up in Dunedin right up until I need to be back at work etc.

Its hard but I am doing a lot better than I thought I would knowing what is happening and that I will basically lose my Mum in the coming weeks.

I need to go grocery shopping again today, run out of veg and fruit and Wayne has suggested I get my nails done next week after weigh in if I lose weight as a positive reinforcement, I may just do that.


PS: 4 months today until the wedding hehehe EEEEK can't wait!

1 comment: