Sunday 9 February 2014

10 kms - lots of thinking!

Today was the day I had entered to run 10 kms. 

I did it... thought I better say that first. 
It was hard, the course is very hilly and goes up and down and up up up and then down a bit. The first 5 kms and I wasn't all that happy my legs hurt, I kept telling myself get to the next hill and you can stretch and I just keep running, get to the next road and then you can stretch your legs, kept running. I ran the whole way, I ran and ran, I just kept going, not once did I stop not once did I walk. 

I planned to just run the race, get it done there were no miracles wanted here, I just wanted to finish it and run the whole way. 

I learnt something HUGE about myself. I CAN do anything I want to, I CAN run 10 kms, I CAN be successful and I am worthy of being the best person I can be. 
My own brain has a lot of to answer for, actually I do. I am the one who is so negative and horrible to myself about things. I am the reason I feel I can not achieve things. I NEED to be nicer to myself and a lot more positive about the things I want to achieve, weight loss and fitness wise.  

I finished, I also finished completing another Personal Best, YUP I bloody gave it my all it nearly had me in tears when my legs were burning and I finished in the best time ever. I was stoked!! 

My sister in law came to watch myself and two of her friends run. I crossed the finish line, I cried so did she. I year ago I was extremely sick and recovering from surgery. I then spent months trying to get myself back to normal and make myself better I gained a hole lot of weight and lost all my fitness. I then spent month dealing with reflux. So together we cried, she is proud of me but also knows the challenge I had to get back to this fitness level. 

I am again dealing with reflux and stomach burning I know whats triggered it.. stress... and I think its all connected to our bloody house. Doesn't make life easy when you are dealing with a bunk of a**holes. But ohh well. 
Tomorrow I will call them I want to have a meeting with them tomorrow night about the paint inside and out, and the time frames for getting it fixed. Also I need the front door on so the house is secure and the speakers etc we have supplied don't get stolen as they are not covered under insurance! 

I am taking things for the reflux, but its still bloody pestering me like anything I will have to delete somethings back out of my diet as they make it worse. :( grr... three weeks and this nightmare of a house build should be over. Honestly its ment to be a happy time, its far from it. 

School on the other hand is BLOODY busy but I am loving it. Lots of extra work to do but thats ok Ill get my head around it as time goes one. 

Weigh in day tomorrow.. will see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment